Wednesday, June 30, 2010

QUILTS




This quilt is one that I call retro/vintage. I was given this quilt top all pieced together several years ago. I put it in storage and brought it out a month ago to see if it could be used. A few years back we had an elderly lady in our church who used to get together with a group of ladies and make quilts The lady who gave it to me is the only surviving member of the quilt group and she was down sizing to move into a very small apartment. All the squares are hand cut and hand sewn the material is truly a scrap quilt. I took the top to a quilt store in our area to see if it could be dated, well the ladies started looking at the squares and dating the materials back to 1930 thus the vintage label but they also dated it up to the 1970's thus the retro label. So the top has pieces of history for about 40 years in it. If you are into nostalgia this quilt is for you. The material I used to back it is a pale blue and cream vintage looking pattern. I had it machine quilted so it would hold up to use. It has been an interesting quilt to look at and guess what certain square materials were used for... gramma's apron, curtains a beloved blanket, dress ... So I am trying to sell this quilt for $125 it measures 52 inchesX 78 inches . If you are interested please e-mail me at mag7lamont@yahoo.com or leave a comment in the comment section of this blog. All money the we make on the quilt sales is going towards our adoption of JOY.

Thanks for supporting us as we try to bring home another child to her/their forever family.

No comments: